Saturday, October 15, 2011

When will my skin ever clear up?

So I always thought that eveyone had trouble with their skin during the teenage years and possibly into the early twenties. I know I can't be the only person in their late thirties that still suffers breakouts. I have sensitive, combination skin. I have always struggled figuring out exactly what to do with my skin. I treat it for excessive oil and then I dry out, I treat it for dryness and get oily. I don't have horrible skin, just constantly have a few pesky blemishes. My forehead always seems to be oily as does my nose and chin. I also have large pores on my nose and cheeks (my nose seems to be constantly oily and my cheeks are sensitive and dry.) I have tried Proactive and it just seemed to make my skin more sensitive. I have tried many, many drugstore type cleansers and treatments and my skin might do okay for a while but then it will freak out again. I have even tried Aveda products which seeemed to work great for awhile but then my skin freaks out again. I most recenlty switched to Clinique moisturizer, but still have issues. So now after some research on Dermologica (read every review I could find) I am trying out some of their products. I am hoping that using multiple products from the same line will make a difference. Here is hoping my skin does well!

First week:
I ordered Dermologica Precleanse and Special Cleansing Gel from spalook.com and started them on Tuesday, October 11th. I LOVED the Precleanse! It smells wonderful and it took off my stubborn waterproof eye make-up! I am so excited that this product is supposed to gently pull the sebum (oil) from my skin so my cleanser will work better. After applying the Precleanse to dry skin, you wet your hands and continue to massage into skin causing an emulsion that helps with the sebum removal. This was a little messy but if it does what it says it does, I don't mind a wet counter while washing my face! After rinsing the Precleanse, I followed up with the Special Cleansing Gel. I used too much (you don't need much at all) but it cleaned my skin nicely without drying it out. As those were the only two products I had to work with, I continued using my Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion.
I had ordered Dermologica Multi-Active Toner and Skin Renewal Booster, as well as the Normal/Oily Skin Kit from whatgreatskin.com on Monday, October 10th and waited all week to receive them and try them out. I received them on Friday, October 14th and used them both that evening after using the Precleanse and Special Cleansing Gel. I LOVE the smell of the Multi-Active toner! I have used other toners and my husband always complains about the smell (he always thought the Aveda products made me smell like a pine tree.) I used the Skin Renewal Booster and felt a slight tingle in my skin (apparently this is common until your skin gets used to it) I also used the Active Moist moisturizer (included in my Normal/Oily Skin Kit) and was pleasantly surprised to wake up to a non-oily face but that it also felt nicely moisturized. So far so good. I love that I can't "feel" my skin like some products can do. Nothing like feeling a tight/dry/sensitive face.

No comments:

Post a Comment