Monday, December 5, 2011

Am I 15?

What is up with my darn skin? I was so gung-ho to try the Dermologica line but I have not seen the results I wanted. I have always thought I had combination/sensitive skin so that is how I have always treated it. I do believe I may have had that type of skin (once upon a time), however I have to acknowledge I am getting older and my skin is not the same. After trying to give my skin a break have realized that I am dryer than I ever thought I was and realized that using "oil free" products just dries my skin out even more. I still have many breakouts. I found an interesting concept on Pinterest called the Oil Cleansing Method. Hmmm.... What is this you say? The concept is not to dry your face out with soap, but to gently remove natural oils and debris with oils suitable for your skin type. This was so foreign to me I did not know what to think. After researching it on the internet I did find a following for it and some helpful advice. I was shocked the first time I did it. I have large pores due to constant clogging with debris and when I used the Oil Cleansing Method my pores looked flat instead of spread wide open as usual. I was so excited to see this! I think I overdid it in the beginning and my skin dried out and broke out a bit (more than usual.) My thought is that I used the wrong ratio of oils for my skin type and that I was pulling the gunk out of my pores that had been perpetually clogged, creating break-outs.

I have been tweaking my regime since October trying to find perfect balance. While my chin looks like a battle zone (this is my worst area for break outs) the rest of my face has improved. I have reduced using the Oil Cleansing Method to several times a week and resumed using some of my Dermologica products. While I would love to instantaneously have beautiful skin, I realize it took awhile to get into the condition it is in, it will also take awhile to clear up.

No comments:

Post a Comment