Friday, September 11, 2009

Getting started (again)

Well...August just seemed to be a horribly lazy month for me. We had a wonderful weekend in Manzanita, OR for a family reunion and then the following weekend we were camping with a big group of friends so of course we weren't eating super healthy due to all the nummy treats available. After being sick through July and not having been very active I ended up being so lazy in August that I never got myself motivated to do ANY exercise. Even the house was neglected since every time I cleaned it up it was destroyed almost immediately (and Scott was just as guilty as the kids.) It was a losing battle and I just was too lazy to care. Now that the kids are back in school and we are getting into a routine again, it is time for me to get into an exercise routine as well. I have been feeling fat and frumpy so I weighed and measured myself this morning and was thoroughly disgusted (and no that information will not be disclosed!) After dropping the kids at school I went for a fast-paced 30 minute walk. It is a beautiful day and perfect to get me started again. I did not have any pockets to carry my iPod so I was left to my own thoughts which was nice as I was thinking of what will work best for me in regards to workouts and eating better. I have started a daily chart to check off things needed to get me healthy and fit as well as daily chores for our home. Ya gotta start somewhere and this feels good.

1 comment: